Non-exec Director & Chairman of the Board
- James is an experienced private equity investor having spent over 30 years in the industry.
- His vast experience ranges from chairing a number of successful Board teams, investment committees and being involved with originating/executing new transactions, portfolio management and fundraising.
- James has been Chairman or Non-Executive Director of over 30 companies of varying sizes/stages of development across a wide range of sectors.
Chief Executive Officer
- Appointed CEO of Novacyt in 2021
- Over 25 years of global experience in pharmaceuticals & biopharmaceutical companies
- Internationally experienced, strategic business leader with strong track record in global commercialisation
- Built & led multiple diverse, successful teams in dynamic growth companies including Amgen, Celgene & Amryt Pharma
- C-level executive with AIM and NASDAQ listed companies
Chief Financial Officer
- Appointed CFO of Novacyt in 2021
- Over 30 years in international manufacturing and industrial businesses in both consumer and B2B
- CFO in both Private Equity and public businesses.
- FCCA qualified over 30 years with broad commercial, supply chain and M&A experience
Dr Andrew Heath
- Dr Heath is a healthcare and biopharmaceutical executive with in-depth knowledge of US and UK capital markets with international experience in marketing, sales, R&D and business development.
- He is currently Deputy Chairman and SID of Oxford BioMedica plc.
- From 1999 to 2008 he was CEO of Protherics plc, taking the company from 30 to 350 staff and managing its eventual acquisition by BTG Plc for £220 million.
- A former director of The BioIndustry Association, Dr Heath earlier served as Vice President of Marketing and Sales, for Astra Inc. in the US after a career in clinical and academic medicine at Vanderbilt University.
- One of the founders of Novacyt in July 2006.
- 30 years in the car and electrical components industry (various functions/M&A/business restructuring).
- Of which 10 years Outside France: Singapore, North America, Belgium and Italy.
- Juliet’s experience includes senior roles (managing director, head of corporate finance and partner) at Stifel Financial Corp, Nomura Code Securities and WestLB Panmure.
- She is Non-executive Director of Indivior PLC, a U.K. listed global pharmaceutical company.
- A 20+ years strong track record advising listed healthcare companies in UK and Europe as an investment banker
- Chartered Accountant and substantial experienced in equity fundraisings and M&A
Dr Edwin Snape
- Over 40 years of experience in founding, investing in and guiding the development of many public and private healthcare and speciality materials companies
- He is a co-founder of NMT Capital (a successor of Nexus) and continues to work as one of its senior advisers.
- He is also a senior adviser to Maruho Co., Ltd, a director of SAI Holding Company and managing general partner of The Vista Group, Chairman of Orien Ventures, a private equity firm with Pacific Rim affiliations; and, a director of the Cygnus Funds, two United Kingdom-based private equity firms specializing in investments throughout Europe.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science and PhD degrees in metallurgy from Leeds University, United Kingdom.